I’ve been so busy creating that I completely forgot to share and celebrate with you the completion of the 100 Days of School of Scratch Project.
I completed the project on 31st October – Halloween – and so I decided to have some fun with that theme.
Here is day 100 – You’re now rocking with the best!
Visit #The100DayProject – with Elle Luna & The Great Discontent. There, you’ll find an overview of the project, discover how you can participate and follow other participants, and learn more about Elle Luna’s inspiration for the project.
You can also read more about the backstory and how you can use my experience to help YOU with your own project in this article.
Here are some personal lessons learned and takeaways that I hope can help you on your creative journey:
- Just begin!
- Figure it out on the way.
- You don’t have to know everything or how it’s gonna turn out. I’d say that’s impossible. Be open to possibilities!
- Treat is as an experiment and you cannot fail.
- Feck perfuction – really, it doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Just take the next step.
- Take deliberate action even when you feel like you don’t know what you are doing.
- If you fail, keep going.
- If you miss a day, just keep going.
- You will connect with and inspire more people than you think is possible, even if they never leave a comment of “like” your work.
- Crazy cool things can happen – I got a book publishing deal, created a monthly scratch combo video series with DJcity, have been sent awesome stuff from companies like coolorcaps and raiden fader and even been interviewed and featured on the Instagram @Music blog.
- You can find out how you handle challenges and deal with the voice in your head that tells you not to do stuff, or that you suck when you don’t do stuff. I promise you that it sits on a throne of lies! It may scream at you (like mine did) AND you can tell the voice that it’s ok, that you got this and carry on anyway. It will quieten down.
- It’s ok to take a break, regroup, then carry on.
- Focus on the process, not the outcome.
- Life is for creating.
Over the next few weeks, I will share the whole series of videos in groups of 10 days as a way to provide a more permanent archive and be able to look back and get scratch ideas. I quite often use my instagram videos to inform what I teach over at School of Scratch.
I hope it inspires you to get on the decks or start your own project!
If you cannot wait, you can browse the whole series here in full:
Note: Some people reposted my clips so you might see a few duplicates under that tag. Thanks to everyone who shared the project.
What will you create today?!
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E