Welcome to Day 10 of 30 Days of Scratching. For a full overview and instructions on how to join in please visit 30 Days of Scratching Day 1.
Beat used: Mellow Forever 97 BPM from Sunshine Breaks – Beats For Scratch Practice Volume 5 (Brand new release from Studio Scratches!)
Scratch Record Used: Digital Skipless Scratch Record Volume 1
This track is a brand new track from the latest Studio Scratches beats for scratch practice release that I have been really getting into. It is so mellow but at 97 bpm it still has an energetic feel.
I used Serato Scratch Live to record and play the beat and scratch with the samples.
Quotes for today:
“Start your journey before you see the end”
“Do you think we don’t need your art, or are you afraid to produce it?”
– Seth Godin
Reflections On Todays Video
- The season is definitely changing and it is very autumnal here in the UK. My hands were really cold before warming up which makes scratching difficult. I warm up by running my hands under warm water for a bit and then I have a warm up scratch. There is nothing worse than cold slippery hands on the fader. Moving around or doing a some exercise first can also help.
- We are one third of the way through this challenge and it’s not too late to join in! Why not record something today and share it with us?
- I used the overhead camera angle today as I had some comments that you liked it because you can see what I am doing more clearly. It is getting easier to set up the equipment each time as I have a system of where each part needs to go.
- Check the Studio Scratches Instagram for a behind the scenes picture of my recording setup.
- Todays lesson – warm up! There is no bad weather, only bad clothes.
Official 30 Days Of Scratching Playlist
You can see all of the videos here: 30 Days Of Scratching YouTube Playlist
If you would like to join me in this challenge throughout October / November, post links to your own practice videos in the comments below. Tag your videos on social networks with #studioscratches and #30DaysOfScratching. You don’t have to do the full 30 days so feel free to dip in and out posting your videos where you want to, but it would be super awesome to have you along as company for the full 30 days! Who knows where you might end up!
If you have a beat suggestion or want to send me cool beats to use in this challenge, please email me via the contact page.
If you have any questions please let me know.
See you tomorrow!
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E