Welcome to Day 14 of 30 Days of Scratching. For a full overview and instructions on how to join in please visit 30 Days of Scratching Day 1.
Beat used: Flyin’ Instrumental by Studio Scratches (Free beat).
Scratch Record Used: Super Seal in the 4th Dimension
I produced this beat some years ago, but I still like scratching to the upbeat happy vibe. I hope you enjoy using it too.
Do you have a desire to be a talented scratch DJ? This might help:
“We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents.”
– Bruce Lee
Reflections On Todays Video
- I ordered some new coloured vinyl to use, but when it arrived today it was warped! Dissapointing! If you’ve ever tried to use even a slightly warped record for scratching, you will know that it doesn’t work and the needle bounces off when you touch the record or move it back and forth. I will be resolving this next week and will hopefully bring you some more colourful scratching then!
- Did you notice the new addition of a cable cover above the mixer? My bro very kindly made this for me. If anyone would like one, please message me and I will see what can be done.
- At 5:15 I accidentally knocked the camera rig and the camera shakes! Oops!
- I felt like I messed up the scratches at the end, and at a few points throught this video but I’m keeping this in so you can see what an off scratch day looks like for me! Hope it inspires you to keep on when you find scratching tough!
- Todays lesson – Embrace imperfection and smile.
Official 30 Days Of Scratching Playlist
You can see all of the videos here: 30 Days Of Scratching YouTube Playlist
If you would like to join me in this challenge throughout October / November, post links to your own practice videos in the comments below. Tag your videos on social networks with #studioscratches and #30DaysOfScratching. You don’t have to do the full 30 days so feel free to dip in and out posting your videos where you want to, but it would be super awesome to have you along as company for the full 30 days! Who knows where you might end up!
If you have a beat suggestion or want to send me cool beats to use in this challenge, please email me via the contact page.
If you have any questions please let me know.
See you on Monday!
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E