Hey hey! Welcome to episode 5 of #askShortE, where I answer your questions on scratching and life!
Today’s extended episode features questions from my awesome School of Scratch students:
In this episode we talk:
- Combos – are they conscious or random?
- Dads vs chips.
- How I first got into scratching and why.
- TYPING IN CAPITALS!
- DJ Competitions.
- Chips vs Chirps, Slices vs Dices.
- Hair style choices.
- Challenges that I overcame.
- My biggest revelations and realisations in my learning process.
- Teaching others.
- Vodka vs Rum, Cats vs Dogs, Starwars vs Star Trek, Beach vs Mountains, DVS vs Vinyl.
- Choosing which scratches to use in freestyles.
Go to my students! The infamous Supa Scratch Crew! We really need some control vinyl labels with that on hey crew?!
You may have noticed that I totally forgot to come back to Jason’s question about my top 5 records. Answer to follow in an upcoming episode.
What questions do you want to ask me about scratching and DJing?
Extra points and high fives all round if you record a question with you on camera and post it publicly. I’ll be prioritising answers to video questions so get creative!
Let’s have some FUN!
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E