The fine fellows Darcy D, Symatic and Kutklass over at Cut & Paste Records recently sent me the test pressing of their new 7″ vinyl Combinations with Rhythm and Flow.
It is their first 7″ skipless scratch tool created with portable scratching in mind and is limited to 500 copies only!
They have also very kindly given me a copy of the final pressing to give away to one lucky Studio Scratches follower. Details to follow further on in this post.
First, let’s take a closer look at the record in this demo video I recorded to give you an idea of the samples included. I love it! So much fun!
Featuring skip proof loops from “Combinations from the Masters” and “Cadence with Rhythm and Flow“, portable scratchers have two scratch records in one re-configured to a pitch that works perfectly with portable set-ups.
- Side A – 83.33 BPM @ 33 1/3 RPM – Cadence with Rhythm and Flow
- Side B – 83.33 BPM @ 33 1/3 RPM – Combinations from the Masters
- Each side has 10 tracks of samples and a full sentence + bass tone and drums.
Giveaway / Prize Draw Instructions
To enter, post a video of yourself cutting with a portable set-up over on this Facebook Post
(If you don’t have a portable table, feel free to use a full size setup. If you have got a copy of a Cut & Paste vinyl, why not use that?)
Anyone that posts a video is in with a chance of winning. We want to encourage participation rather than competition. It doesn’t matter what skill level you are, or if you haven’t been scratching long, everyone is encouraged to enter!
- To encourage you to record and share a video, regardless of your skill level / ability.
- To encourage creativity, conversation, feedback, collaboration and the spirit of helping each other out in the community.
- The only rule is keep it clean (and that includes the samples that you use). We have young viewers so inspire them with goodness!
- Aim to create good quality videos with clean sound where possible.
- Contest closes Monday 7th December midday U.K. time.
- The winner is picked randomly – I will draw the winner out a virtual hat.
I can’t wait to see your entries!
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E