Welcome to part 6 of my 9 part series of videos on the equipment you need to start scratching.
In the previous video in this series we covered scratch vinyl. In this video, we take a look at Instrumentals.
Ready? Let’s go!
Instrumental beats are what we scratch to and a good beat can inspire your scratching flow.
You can scratch over any instrumental. The most common being hip hop and electro style beats. Just find a beat you like and get scratching!
Studio Scratches Beats
I have a variety of beats on offer for scratch DJs:
- Ultimate Beats for Scratch Practice – Amazing value.
- Individual beat packs – Most affordable.
Even More Instrumentals
Here are some more resources if you are looking for beats to scratch to.
- Le JAD – Large collection of mainly euro style / electro beats.
- Your Looper – Animated exe programs full of loops.
- Scratch Loopers – More modern SWF version of YourLooper that loads in any browser and waaaaay easier to navigate and load.
See you soon for the next tutorial in this series; Digital Vinyl Systems (DVS) .
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E
This tutorial is taken from Course 1 – Equipment Needed from inside my online School of Scratch.
The School contains over 80 HD super in-depth, well broken down scratch tutorial videos that teach you how to scratch in great detail from the very beginning, all the way up to advanced levels.
It is the course I wish existed when I was learning how to scratch and found it really tough and frustrating. I’ve shared everything I know about scratching in a simple step by step program and continue to add new videos every month.