In this video, I give you a video walkthrough and talk-through, of how you can use our School of Scratch tutorials to learn, practice and progress.
- How to approach learning in School of Scratch
- Watch the tutorial and follow the steps
- Learn the technique physical movements and mechanics of the scratch first, without the beat.
- Use the video timestamps if you want to jump to a specific section of the video to learn or practice a specific thing
- e.g the QnA section – practice with me
- Download the beat I am using for you to practice with
- Standalone OnA video – dive straight into practicing with me
- Scratch notation gives you a visual way to remember the scratch
- How to practice section overview
- Practice the technique no beat
- Practice with a beat
- Practice using vocal samples
- Timings and tempo section
- Download our practice cheat sheet and tick off your progress
- The importance of freestyling as soon as you start learning.
- Get involved in our 4 Week Scratch Practice Challenges.
- Know where you are with your skills, know what you are practicing, make progress and have fun!
If you have any questions about the School or anything related to learning how to scratch, ask them in the comments.
You can join School of Scratch and get access to all our online tutorials, curriculum, practice challenges and community here:
You can try out our tuition for free by signing up below.
Happy Scratching! ?