In the latter part of 2015 I had the privilege of being interviewed by these 2 awesome people from I’m Aspiring To Be, who asked me all about my role as an online Scratch DJ Tutor. Check it out:
- My aspirations.
- Role models.
- Advice to others who would like to be a scratch DJ.
- Just get started.
- Make stuff.
- Use YouTube and social media.
- Take the next step and Be Deliberate.
- Ignore anyone who tells you cannot do it.
- Share what you do and turn it into a business.
- The key elements of scratching.
- The best and worst parts of my job.
- How much I enjoy my job on a scale of 1-10.
- What it is like to work for myself.
- Do I meet my customers?
- Why is a scratch disc circular and not square?
- Qualifications needed / that I have / skills needed.
- Formal education vs teaching yourself.
- Free scratch training videos.
Please feel free to share the video with anyone you know at school who is considering becoming a DJ or entreprenuer in this area.
About I’m Aspiring To Be
From the website:
I’m Aspiring To Be’ has an aspiration and strategy to make a difference in the UK and potentially internationally by helping people like you. Working with you, we can provide relevant career Information, Inspiration, Direction and Drive – allowing you to make considered decisions about your future career. Whether you are aged 8, 16 or older we can and want to help!
Find out more at: imaspiringtobe.com
Thanks guys for coming over to the studio and for getting involved!
You might also like the rap which they put together here:
(The audio levels turned out to be a little hot, please be kind!)
Books & resources I recommend to help with your journey
There’s way more and here are some of my favs:
- Time Warrior – Steve Chandler
- Wealth Warrior – Steve Chandler
- My coach: Arminda Lindsay
- Show Your Work – Austin Kleon
- Steal Like an Artist – Austin Kleon
- Choose Must – Elle Luna
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
- An Awesome Book – Dallas Clayton – free online audio version is here.
- What Do You Do With An Idea – Kobi Yamada
- Brian Johnson’s Philosophers Notes – I usually start my day with an email and video form Brian. Great mind food!
My sites which I mentioned in the video are:
- schoolofscratch.com – Learn how to Scratch DJ – the complete online course.
- BeDeliberate.com – “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you imagine”. I work one on one with individuals to help turn their dreams into a reality,
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E