From my morning reading – some inspiration to help you with your scratch practice.
How to apply this to scratching
- There is no particular secret to mastering scratching (although great tuition will help you learn and practice in a way that helps you make progress.)
- Practice everyday.
- Create a regular, continuous scratch practice routine.
- At some point in you practice routine, you will realise you can do the scratch you were practicing.
- At some point you will master what you have been practicing.
- By focusing on the end result of being able to scratch really well, you will forgo the pleasures of the journey and process.
- Don’t get caught up in focusing on the end result of becoming great at scratching.
- Don’t judge your scratch practice or current ability.
- Worrying about how good or bad you are at scratching breeds worry and stress.
- Come back to the present and focus on getting your repetitions and scratch drills in.
Whatever you do, keep practicing!
For help with practicing, join my online School of Scratch which will help you show up daily. Scroll down to get some free sample tutorials.
Images taken from the book:
Zen: The Art of Simple Living by Shunmyo Masuno (Amazon Affiliate link)