Click on a link below to jump to a section, or scroll to read in full.
- Personal Information Collected
- How your Personal Information is Used
- Legitimate Interest
- Where Your Personal Information is Stored
- How Long Your Personal Information is Kept
- Personal Information Security
- Personal Information Disclosure
- Age Restrictions
- Third Party Services
- Accessing Your Personal Information
- Further Information
UK data protection law classifies Studio Scratches as a data controller. This means Studio Scratches has control over how your personal information is collected, why it is collected and how it is used.
For the purposes of enquiries, comments, competitions, events, giveaways and the sending of newsletters, Studio Scratches uses the lawful basis of consent to collect your personal information. This means that for these purposes your personal information will not be collected and used without your permission. It also means that you have the right to access, update and erase your personal information, have your personal information transferred (portability) and means you can withdraw your consent after you have provided it.
For the purpose of organising and publishing articles, content or features, Studio Scratches uses the lawful basis of legitimate interest to collect and use personal information.
At Studio Scratches privacy is taken very seriously. Frequent data audits and reviews are carried out to ensure that Studio Scratches is compliant with UK data law, relevant legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Studio Scratches is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the registration number ZA384965.
Personal Information Collected
Studio Scratches collects and uses both personally identifying information and non personally identifying information for the purpose of providing articles, content, services, features and a better experience for users of Studio Scratches.
(1) Personally identifying information Studio Scratches collects and uses includes information such as your name, your email address, your I.P address, your social media handles or profile links, your website address, professional portrait photographs, when you open newsletters, how many times you open a newsletter and when you click on a link in a newsletter.
(2) For Studio Scratches competitions, giveaways and events Studio Scratches may collect and use information such as your full name, your email address, your location, a postal address and your social media handles or profile links.
(3) Non personally identifying information Studio Scratches collects and uses includes information such as country, county, province or state, gender, age range, browser, device type, anonymised IP address, how users arrived at Studio Scratches, pages visited on Studio Scratches and if a user has visited Studio Scratches previously.
How your Personal Information is Used
(1) Personally identifying information is used for the purpose of communicating with you if you send a message or email to Studio Scratches, and for the purpose of organising articles. Personally identifying information is also used to send you Studio Scratches newsletters if you provide consent to receive them, and to make sure newsletters sent are of interest to the majority who receive them.You can unsubscribe from a newsletter at any time by selecting ‘Unsubscribe’ from the bottom of every newsletter sent to you.
(2) Personally identifying information such as your email address and I.P address may be used to prevent or block content you send to Studio Scratches if it is deemed to be spam, malicious or inappropriate in nature.
(3) Personally identifying information may be used to provide sufficient evidence that you have consented to the collecting and use of your personal information for legal and compliance purposes.
(4) Personally identifying information may also be used for the purpose of Studio Scratches competitions, giveaways and events. You will often be asked to provide personal information in order to participate in a competition, giveaway or event. Your personal information will not be collected or used for any competition, giveaway or event without your consent. Personal information that you provide will only be used within the scope of competitions, events, or giveaways that you have chosen to participate in, unless you have provided permission to do otherwise with your information.
(5) Non personally identifying information is used for the purpose of improving the Studio Scratches website experience based upon how users visit and interact with the website.
Studio Scratches only collects the personal information needed for a specific purpose or to carry out a specific activity. Studio Scratches does not sell, rent or trade personal information nor does it buy personal information.
Consent is obtained to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the many of the purposes stated above.
Consent is not required to collect, store and use non personally identifying information about you. Consent is also not always required to collect, store and use personally identifying information. Non personally identifying information is collected as you use Studio Scratches and associated services.
Studio Scratches may collect, publish, and use for the purpose of communication, personal information which is available in the public domain. This can include names, social media handles, profiles or posts, website addresses and contact information. This is carried out with an interest in providing publishing services which would be very limited without the use of such information. This is also carried out with the interest of inspiring and educating the public and in the interest of the individuals who are associated with the personal information used. As the outcome for individuals is the promotion and documenting of their skills, abilities, services and products.
This does not effect your rights, and you still have the right to request access and updates to personal information that Studio Scratches may hold on you under these circumstances. You also have the right to request erasure of your personal information and object to your personal information being used.
Where Your Personal Information is Stored
Studio Scratches is located within the United Kingdom, and this is where some of your personal information may be stored and used. Many of the third parties which provide services to Studio Scratches and which have access to your personal information for the purpose of fulfilling services provided to Studio Scratches are situated outside of the United Kingdom. Therefore, some of your personal information is stored outside of the United Kingdom in locations such as the United States.
How Long Your Personal Information is Kept
Studio Scratches will keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time to carry out the collection and use activities specified above. Data audits and reviews are carried out regularly so that data which is no longer needed can be deleted. If you request for your personal information to be forgotten, it will be deleted within 30 days of request.
Personal Information Security
Studio Scratches implements encryption via secure socket layer technology (SSL) to try and keep personal information you enter on the website secure. Studio Scratches also implements generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal information.
Where possible two factor authentication is also used to prevent unlawful access to your personal information.
Whilst reasonable efforts and precautions are taken to protect the security of personal information you share with Studio Scratches, the security of your personal information cannot be guaranteed.
In the case of any breaches of your personal information, you will be notified within a timely manner.
Personal Information Disclosure
If required to do so by law or government organisations, Studio Scratches will share any personal information requested. Studio Scratches may also share any personal information necessary in order to protect the rights and property of Studio Scratches, and to enforce provisions of the Studio Scratches Terms and Conditions.
In order to provide quality services and content throughout Studio Scratches, non-identifying information such as usage patterns, statistics and trends might be shared with service providers, content partners and sponsors.
Studio Scratches periodically hosts competitions, giveaways and events, and these are often in collaboration with third parties. If you have chosen to participate in any competition, giveaway or event, it may be necessary for Studio Scratches to share some of your personal information with any relevant third parties for the purpose of the competition, giveaway or event. Studio Scratches may also need to obtain, with your consent, further personal information about you if you win any competition or giveaway. This further information may be shared with any relevant third party in order to fulfill the competition or giveaway.
Any information which is shared will be done so in a secure manner.
If Studio Scratches is merged with another company, sold, or is subject to an acquisition, your personal information may be transferred to the new company or owner(s).
Studio Scratches does not knowingly collect personal information associated with children or minors (those who have not reached the age of majority). By using Studio Scratches and its services you should be at least the age of majority in your county, state or province of residence. If Studio Scratches becomes aware that you are under the age of majority, appropriate action will be taken to remove your personal information unless you have obtained explicit consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Third Party Services
Studio Scratches uses third party services and providers which aid Studio Scratches in operation. In most cases, the third party providers which Studio Scratches utilises the services of will only collect, use and disclose your personal information to the extent necessary for the third party to perform the services they provide to Studio Scratches. Many of the third party providers Studio Scratches uses are compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
When you contact or tag Studio Scratches via social media platforms, Studio Scratches does not have control over the way your personal information is collected, stored or used.
Third party services, providers and links may take you away from Studio Scratches and will have their own individual Privacy Policies. It is recommended that you always familiarise yourself with third party Privacy Policies.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If your personal information was collected using consent you have the right to access, update, have transferred and have deleted any personal information relating to you that Studio Scratches may hold. If your personal information was collected using legitimate interest you have the right to access, update and have deleted any personal information relating to you that Studio Scratches may hold.
In order for Studio Scratches to keep accurate records, please notify Studio Scratches about any updates to your personal information. Upon making a request regarding your personal data Studio Scratches will need to verify your identity and connection to the personal data for security and protection purposes.
You also have the right to register a complaint with a supervisory authority if you wish to do so, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or an appropriate equivalent.
Last updated on Oct 18, 2022