In this post I will break down the differences so you can see what flava of scratch tuition you prefer and what might be a good fit for you.
Option 1 – Online School of Scratch
The original home of my Scratch tutorials and community of Supa Scratch Crew students.
Payment options: Subscription based monthly payment OR a single, one off payment for lifetime access.
- 100+ tutorial videos.
- 23+ hours of tutorials.
- Private Facebook Group so you can connect with other students.
- Private community forum – socialise with fellow students, post videos, ask questions and get support.
- Help mentor other DJs and become a leader within our DJ community.
- Monthly prize draw contest – get feedback from myself and win prizes.
- School of Scratch Sessions video collaboration – submit a scratch video alongside your classmates and get exposure on School of Scratch social media accounts.
- By joining you become a member of our Supa Scratch Crew.
Scratch DJs who want to learn from high quality scratch tutorials, community involvement, camaraderie, ongoing support and encouragement.
This is hands down the most supportive group of scratch DJs I have ever come across.
Join here: schoolofscratch.com
Option 2 – Online Courses
An alternative way to access my tutorials in self paced online courses.
Payment option: A single one off payment.
- A set of tutorials from the SoS classroom that you can work through in a highly structured, sequential order to help you make the maximum progress possible.
- Track your progress.
- Play the tutorial videos in 50% slow motion or speed them up on a computer.
- iOS app gives you access to the courses on all of your mobile devices (also looks great on Android).
- Upgrade to our community at a later date using a loyalty coupon if you like the content and want more support.
Course content preview:
Scratch DJs who want to get stuck into the tutorials and who do not want community support. Or for those who want to try out the content before they join the School of Scratch community.
- Learn How to Scratch DJ Course – From the equipment you need, to scratch tutorials and practice approaches… everything you need to start scratching today. Aimed at beginner / intermediate scratch DJs.
- Advanced Scratch Course – Get your boomerangs, autobahns and combos ON! Learn advanced scratch techniques and music theory to expand your scratch vocabulary.
View all the courses and sign up here: courses.schoolofscratch.com
That wraps up the difference between my School of Scratch community and the standalone courses.
Course to Community upgrade option – if you decide to start off in the courses, I offer a loyalty discount if you decide to join the online School of Scratch community.
Leave them in the comments below or connect with me personally via email here and I will answer you.
Happy Scratching! 😀
– Emma Short-E