I have just returned from a vacation in Vaasa, Finland staying with some very good friends – see Tom Stenback’s AWESOME hand built guitars here.
I first visited Vaasa in February and March 2008 for some gigs with the Mikael Svarvar band.
It was during this trip that the idea for Studio Scratches was born so it was great to go back to the birthplace and reflect on all that has happened in the first 2 years of happenings. I thought I would share this with you.
- Recorded scratching for 2 BBC series – Walk On The Wildside
- Started producing and releasing free beats for Free Beat Friday
- Recorded question and answer videos for DJs to practice to
- Had the question and answer videos picked up by DJ Qbert’s Skratch University for use by the students
- Gained over 700 subscribers on YouTube
- Launched several beats for scratching audio products in the Studio Scratches store
Perhaps my favourite part of all of this is when I receive (increasingly frequent) emails via YouTube and this site from people telling me that they have learnt from the videos and the ways in which Studio Scratches has helped them. That is a truly awesome feeling.
Studio Scratches continues to surprise me everyday and grow in ways in which I could never before have imagined.
There are many things in the pipeline for Studio Scratches in the upcoming months including some scratch promo videos for the clothing company No Rival and some collab with Beat4Battle USA.
I also receive many emails and comments from people wanting more training videos and free beats of which I plan to do more of, so thanks for your patience.
I also relocated and am working full time as well as running Studio Scratches so its been quite a year!
Thanks to everyone who follows the site and emails me or drops comments, I really appreciate it.
Please keep them coming.